Friday, April 10, 2015

The Key


One night I was with my daugther after a ball game. I turned off the car and locked the doors.  Little did I realize that when I attempted to open the door, the alarm would go off.  I was so caught up in the complexity of the technology and the noise that I panicked.  

I opened and closed the door again.  I pushed the lock and unlock on my fobar.
I turned off the car, pulled the key out and pushed it back in to start the car again.  

Nothing worked!  I began to drive home, going down the road with my car honking all the way.  I was frustrated and embarassed. You can imagine the anxiety with the loud noise ringing in our ears and the attention being drawn to the situation.

In her innocent child-like faith, my daughter said to pull over.  She asked me to give her the key.  She got out and "manually" put the key into the door to lock and unlock it.  Then there was {silence}. 

What a beautiful sound silence can be! Later that night, I heard the Lord {whispering} to my heart.  He lovingly pointed out that I often turn situations into complexities...  the rush, the worry, the fretting, the overthinking... all tools that the enemy uses to cloud our hearts with noise.  So much so that we miss the {simple} words the Lord speaks to our hearts in moments of frustration.

A key.  Something held in our hands and used to solve a problem. We make God out to be so complex that we choose to use Him for the big things in life.  If we only saw Him as the key to {all} things in life.  He is the spirit to be held in our hearts and the key to be held in our hands.  He opens the chest of hidden treasures, he calms the raging seas in our souls and he {stops} the noise before it consumes us.

What is your choice?  To fight with the tools of the enemy only to run foolishly through the streets with a honking horn or to take the Lord in your hand and simply open the door to your heart to let Him in so that silence and stillness...that measure of {peace}... can rush through your soul?

Isaiah 33:6
He will be the sure foundation for your times, a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge; the fear of the Lord is the key to this treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment from the heart with the understanding that we are all a work in progress.