Thursday, November 29, 2012

Lifted Up!


I was challenged to write a blog for Melissa Taylor's On-Line Bible Study over the book Greater, by Steven Furtick.   Melissa's website is found at MelissaTaylor.org.  The topic of discussion I chose this week is...  Lifted Up!  Steven asks us to consider what has lifted us up to be great"er."  This can be a person or even a scripture.
If you are reading this blog post, you will want to read an earlier post at my blog spot called "Points of Grace."   You will also want to follow the link to House On Oak Street later.  I can honestly say my journey to this Bible study and book, Greater, has been a series of divine interventions leading me to consider where I am in my "Lesser Loser Life" and to reflect upon my viewpoint of my own FAITH in this moment.

A few months ago, I subscribed to a ladies Yahoo group at church.  Upon signing up, I was asked why I wanted to join the group.  Thinking it was an email group for prayer and other sharing, among my elaborate outpouring of who I am in a 250 word limitation, I used the words..."I am broken."   Kaye, a ladies group leader and "one of a few" administrators of the Yahoo group replied to me personally stating that we are all broken.  She found me that Sunday in church and introduced herself to me.  It was after that that the Unglued bible study was offered at church where we studied and shared challenges and praises as discussed the principles and life lessons presented by author, Lysa TerKeurst.   That led me to Proverbs31 Ministries, then to Melissa Taylor On-Line and finally the Greater study!     All POINTS of GRACE along my journey. 


So what is it about Kaye that lifted me up to be greater?  The image above is on her blog@ houseonoakstreet.com.  Note:  Be Grateful.  This is a frame where she took plywood and painted it with chalk paint.  She shares HIS blessings on it through each season.  Kaye is a lady that has not given up on me (nor many others I am sure) during my struggles.  I have shared with her very raw, real and ugly details about my feelings, my story, my inadequacies and where I am as I seek JOY.   She continues to redirect me in doing away with the thoughts that are held captive by the enemy.  The Bible passages, the book suggestions, the constant attention to TRUTHS are all there for me as I look to her and focus on my accountability, prayer and requests to HIM.    Kaye is among the GreatEST!   

2 Corinthians 10:5
We demolish arguments and every pretention that sets itself against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to HIM.

Steven discusses being the guy "who has had to tangle with insecurities so ugly that some days they make (him) feel like (he is) not even a Christian..."  He goes on to discuss the systematic "sabotage of Gods plan for your life and God's purposes in the world."    I can only say that GOD has brought me to this place, where I stand as who I am.  Getting beyond the self-hate and realizing I'm OK to be used by HIM is a process of obedience, truth and a battle fought in the mind.

I am not sure how it will play out, as Kaye asks me so often "what does that look like?"  I fumble across words that make sense, but honestly I do not have a CLUE what my purpose for Christ looks like.  What the Holy Spirit IN ME feels like.  How to be the LIGHT and JOY that others see.  I am scared that if I can't picture it, I can't achieve it.  AND that I'm not good enough FOR IT.

So this is my prayer...   May HE continue to challenge me, to guide me, and may HE give strength to the Kaye's of the world who would love to be able to just pound into my head...  Don't you just get it?  It really is that simple!

Blessings amidst the storms bring on the sunshine.  What a blessing it is that God LIFTED ME UP with KAYE.  One day, I will pay it forward...I just have to be healthy enough spiritually in the LORD to make the difference for someone.



 



8 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your heart. What a powerful testimony. I can read through your words that Jesus is doing a mighty work in you.. that's so exciting! Enjoy your greater journey! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn,
      Thank you for your encouragement. It is amazing to be a part of this journey with others who are strong in Him, as it appears from your blogging.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for your raw honestly! How easy it is to let the world tells us who we are...and oh, can I relate to the battle of the mind!! Like Steven said in chapter two, "I find over and over again that my greatest enemy of the greater life God has for me is... me."
    In my own life I have seen God take my broken bits and change them into a mosaic miracle. And dear one, it seems He is doing the same in yours!
    Glad to be on this journey with you. God bless you as you move into the "greater" life God has planned for you.
    !b

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bridgit,
    What impactful words... Mosaic Miracle! Thank you for sharing your heart back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading this. And I'd like to point out that you don't have to get to a particular spot in your spiritual journey in order to impact others. God can use you (yes! Even you!) right where you are today.

    Like He did with this post. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather,

      Thank you so much for your comment on my post. I am glad it left a little crumb in your heart. Blessings to you in your journeys.

      Delete
  5. Oh wow Liz I believe He is using you now. I want to blog but haven't been able to get there yet. Love this post and I love your design cause this lady would not know where to start. God is not finished with you - start where you are now with this blog and continue to bless ladies like you have me this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, "BLTK." If you go to my blog home, you will see that I have opted to stop for a while. I even disabled my FB. I am at a crossroads.... Kind of an extreme roller coaster ride right now. <3

    You take care! My email is: L.Abbott.1985@gmail..com. I will gladly communicate personally until I believe my blogging is inspired for Him and not me.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment from the heart with the understanding that we are all a work in progress.